- When and where is the event?
- What events take place at the BTN Big 10K?
- When does registration for the race open?
- When does race registration close? Is there a cap on the number of entrants?
- Is there a time limit for the races?
- Can I get a refund or transfer my entry to another person?
- What are the race features?
- When and where can I find race results?
- Will there be awards for the winners?
- When will I receive my bib number?
- What happens in the event of inclement weather?
- Can I volunteer to help?
- How can I contact the race organizers?
The BTN Big 10K takes place in Grant Park in Chicago, Illinois, on Sunday, July 23, 2017.
What events take place at the BTN Big 10K?
A 10K and 5K race will take place. Following the races, the Tailgate will be held in Grant Park.
When does registration for the race open?
Online registration for the event is now open.
When does race registration close? Is there a cap on the number of entrants?
Registration closes on July 22, 2017 or when the event reaches capacity. Whichever happens first.
Is there a time limit for the races?
The 10K course will remain open to allow participants running the 10K at a 15 minute/mile pace to cross the finish line. All participants must complete the 10K course within 1 Hour and 35 Minutes. The 5K course will remain open to allow participants running the 5K at a 15 minute/mile pace to cross the finish line.
Can I get a refund or transfer my entry to another person?
All registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
Participant bib numbers may not be exchanged with or transferred/sold to another person. Sale, trade and/or transfer of race entry/bib number is strictly prohibited and may result in the disqualification of and/or banning offenders from participating at future events.
What are the race features?
- School-specific, gender-specific technical race shirt
- Big Ten themed race medal
- One (1) complimentary cold beer for every registered participant 21+
- One (1) complimentary tailgate food for every registered participant
- Representation of mascots and cheerleaders from all Big Ten schools
- Football-themed race course
- Entrance into the post-race Tailgate
- Additional post-race food and refreshments for purchase
- Interactive tailgating and football games at the Tailgate
- Photo ops with Big Ten mascots and cheerleaders
- BTN on-air talent and former Big Ten player appearances
When and where can I find race results?
2017 Results will be posted within 24 hours of race completion on the Results page.
Will there be awards for the winners?
10K – Cash awards are presented to the top five male and female finishers overall and to the top three male and female Big Ten alumni.
5K – Awards are presented to the top three finishers overall.
10K & 5K Age Group – Awards to the top three male and female finishers in each age division. Overall and alumni winners are not eligible to win age group awards.
Age divisions are: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80 & over.
When will I receive my bib number?
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
The BTN Big 10K will take place rain or shine. If cancellation of the event is warranted due to dangerous weather conditions, announcements will be made race day at the race site. The event will not be cancelled in advance. All decisions regarding cancellation will be made on site, race day.
Can I volunteer to help?
How can I contact the race organizers?
Questions should be emailed to:
* denotes subject to change