The qualifying standards for entry in the Elite Corral may be seen below. If you have not met these standards, an equivalent time from a similar event distance may be submitted and approved on a case-by-case basis. All qualifying performances must be as of January 1, 2015 or later. Qualifying performances must be submitted by July 7, 2017 to be considered. If results are not submitted you will be placed in an alternate start corral and will not be eligible for the prize purse.
The Elite corral will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Assignment to the Elite corral is not guaranteed. All participants may verify their corral assignments on their Your Race page in your RAM Racing account.
|5M or 8K||27:00||32:00|
Overall Top Five for 10K
Awards & cash prizes are presented to the top five male & female 10K finishers overall.
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $400
- 3rd Place: $300
- 4th Place: $200
- 5th Place: $100
Big Ten Bonus Prize
- 1st Big Ten Alumni: $500
- 2nd Big Ten Alumni: $400
- 3rd Big Ten Alumni: $300
The Big Ten Bonus Prize will be given to each of the first three male & female 10K finishers who are a current or former student at a Big Ten University*. It will be awarded in addition to any other winnings.
Overall Top Three for 5K
Awards & Fleet Feet Sports gift certificates are presented to the top three male & female 5K finishers overall.
- 1st Place: $100 Fleet Feet Sports Gift Certificate
- 2nd Place: $75 Fleet Feet Sports Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place: $50 Fleet Feet Sports Gift Certificate
How to Apply
To be considered for the Elite Corral and to be eligible for the prize purse you must be a US Citizen and you must have proof of a qualifying finishing time from a previous race. If you would like to apply for the Elite Corral you may do so by registering for the race and selecting the Elite option during registration and then submitting your proof of results.
If you have already registered and would like to be considered for the Elite Corral please email your proof of qualification along with your confirmation number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable proof of qualification includes:
• A screen shot of your individual race results inserted into the body of your email (the race name and date must appear along with your results)
• An attachment in the form of a finisher’s certificate
• An attached printout from an online race results page (please circle or underline your name and time) and ensure the race name and date appear on the page
• A link to your individual race results. Please ensure your name and results are the ONLY ones appearing on the page
Acceptable Proof of Residency:
The Elite Corral and prize purse is only open to US Citizens. Elite Corral runners will need to provide proof of citizenship at packet pickup and on race day before receiving your bib. Acceptable proof of citizenship includes:
• US Passport
• US Birth Certificate and Photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, etc.)
• Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship
Failure to provide adequate proof of citizenship on race day will result in removal from the Elite Corral. You will be reassigned to an alternate start corral and will be ineligible for the prize purse.
Age Group Awards for 10K & 5K
Awards will be mailed within 4-6 weeks of the race to the top 3 Male and Female: 9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
*In accordance with the NCAA, current collegiate athletes, athletes with remaining collegiate eligibility as well as all high school athletes, are not eligible to receive prize money. It is the athlete’s responsibility to check with their institution’s compliance department to confirm any changes to NCAA rules that may make them eligible to receive prize money and/or awards.
BTN is looking for the most die-hard Big Ten fans at the BTN Big 10K! Post your most spirited photos on race day using the #BTNBig10K hashtag for your chance to win!
Winners will be announced during the week following the race. The prizes are:
- Football Grand Prize : Two (2) Tickets to the 2017 Big Ten Football Championship Game
- Basketball Grand Prize : Two (2) All-Session Passes to the 2018 Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament – See more at: http://btn.com/btn-big-10k-spirit-photo-contest/#sthash.UydMD4yu.dpuf